Due to an increase in our workload, we have a 6-month (min) contract opportunity for a Rolling Stock Engineer. You will be required to coordinate the engineering requirements, design, assurance, configuration, documents, and standards for a major rolling stock program and to provide a consistent approach to engineering documentation and all contractual/supplier management requirements.
- Lead the provision of engineering including scoping/ requirements, design, prototyping, assurance of designs and repair
- Undertake reviews of engineering documentation as required
- Plan and coordinate with Procurement and Supply Chain the production of Technical Specifications, Scopes of Work and Bills of Material to support procurement activities
- Work with and develop technical solutions in collaboration with OEMs and Suppliers
- Provide technical support in response to technical queries and requests for information during procurement activities
Key required skills
- Australian recognised Engineering Degree (Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Mechatronic) that satisfies the entry requirements into the Institution of Engineers Australia as a Professional Engineer (Member or Chartered)
- Proven continuous and broad experience in a large engineering environment with a focus on systems, engineering, design and development, manufacturing/production, verification and validation and through life support
- Experience in working in a large team to deliver a complex scope of works
- Ability to deliver, review, revise and approve complex engineering designs, systems, reports and recommendations that may have significant impact to the safe and effective operation of a transport system
- Sound understanding of rolling stock and components, ensuring engineering solutions are managed to meet operational requirements
- Financial acumen to justify modifications to our clients and government bodies
Heaton Rail Pty Ltd is an Australian owned and operated business that provides Labour Hire, Consulting, and Project Management services to the rail industry. We understand the complexities of the railways and use this understanding to support and add value to any work we undertake which ultimately makes our clients job easier.